"And though tyranny, because it needs no consent, may successfully rule over foreign peoples, it can stay in power only if it destroys first of all the national institutions of its own people."


Burning of Rome

Monday, October 8, 2007

Romney Shuns and Disrespects MD Patient

Mitt Romney further showed his true colors over the weekend in New Hampshire when confronted with a muscular dystrophy patient (with video) on the subject of medical marijuana. The falling bogus presidential candidate literally turned his back on the man after being asked whether Romney would arrest him or his doctors if he were to be given medical marijuana.

Following a campaign appearance in Dover, New Hampshire, a member of the audience, Clayton Holton, told Romney he has muscular dystrophy and said five of his doctors say he is "living proof medical marijuana works."

"I am completely against legalizing it for everyone, but there is medical purposes for it," Holton told Romney.

Romney pointed out that there is synthetic marijuana as well as other pain medications available.

"It makes me sick. I have tried it, and it makes me throw up," Holton said. "My question for you is will you arrest me or my doctors if I get medical marijuana."

"I am not in favor of medical marijuana being legal in the country," Romney said as he moved on to greet other people.

Holton continued, "Excuse me, will you please answer my question?"

"I think I have. I am not in favor of legalizing medical marijuana," the Massachusetts Republican said.
What a load of shit. Romney and the rest of the GOP candidates not named Paul are increasingly making it aware to common citizens that they simply don't care about them, and that if you want more of the same, vote for them. Nevertheless there will be countless idiots in the country who actually do, but that's another story. I would give anything for Romney or one his cohorts to have inherited a disease such as this. We could watch as they squirm for the best therapies and pain relievers, no matter the legality.

No comments: